- Umbria, Spoleto area
- Beautifully restored contemporary villa very close to Spoleto, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures click here.
Exclusive Group Accommodation for 18-25 guests!
Just over an hour from the north of Rome, near Spoleto, in the medieval town of Eggi, this 17th century villa is postioned in a private garden, home from home. The villa was carefully restored in the last few years and has become a very authentic and contemporary place where once artists joined together to get inspired. This is what the current owners still see as the meaning of this beautiful place: to get inspired!
Porta Blu features 10 bedrooms, with en-suite bathrooms, 3 reception rooms and a dining room. In summer breakfast cab be served on the nice terrace next to the herb and vegetable garden, overlooking the natural pool. Twice a week dinner can be prepared which will be served on the terrace. An ideal place for long evening dinners.
In winter Porta Blu is heated with an under-floor system and with several large fireplaces with comfortable seating, which makes this place also ideal for the off season period.
- Why this is Special
- This is like coming home! Enjoy the real Umbrian hospitality near the beautiful town of Spoleto.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 8.000; Low Season EUR 5.000
- Special Offer!
- Special offer: 25% off on all available weeks in 2018
High Season: June - September
Low Season: October - May
Cleaning: EUR 350 each week
Extra cleaning possible: EUR 18,00 per hour
Security Deposit: EUR 750 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 42 working days before arrival.
- Arrival as of 3 PM, departure latest 9.30 AM.
- Save or share
- Nicely decorated, spacious and light bedrooms, all with private bathroom.
- Modern bathrooms in a light sandy color with high quality fittings.
- The kitchen can be used upon request.
- There are three comunal reception rooms with traditional open fireplaces, one downstairs and two upstairs. The second can function as a cinema room with satellite TV and bar/coffee facilities.
- Other rooms
- The interior dining room will seat up to 30 and can also be used by guests during the day. Separate courtyards provide breakfast seating to the east and a western terrace with sunset views for evening meals. A two level terrace on top of the tower provides panoramic views and is ideal for private sunbathing and apertifs.
- The villa is under permanent maintenance.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- Two suites are available both with full provision for guests with mobility problems; the property is easily navigated in a wheelchair.
- The villa is set amongst an acre of established evergreen and deciduous trees, an olive and fruit tree orchard, several private courtyards, an open grassed space, an enclosed courtyard to the east and and an open terrace to the west, with glorious sunset views. Also to the west is a 15m enclosed swimming pool (fully serviced). The house is flanked by several courtyards which provide both intimate areas and convivial spaces allowing midnight merriment or post prandial siestas. Ample parking is available within the walls.
- Some small shops can be found in the village of Eggi. Spoleto provides a wider offer. Here one can find all kind of shops and supermarkets.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property into all directions.
- All kind of activities, like excursions organized by the owners, can be arranged upon request (against separate charges).
- Nearest international airports are near Rome - Ciampino (148 km) and Rome - Fiumicino (168 km), Perugia - Sant'Egidio (57 km) and Ancona (156 km). Car hire is recommended. Daily bus services run from Eggi to Spoleto.
- Spoleto 5km.