- Tuscany, Cortona
- Modern restored farmhouse with heated pool and airconditioning between Cortona and Castiglione del Lago, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
For more pictures click here.
In January 2016 the restoration of this traditional farmhouse has been completed, after a very intensive and careful journey that took almost 5 years. The Belgian owners have been extremely precise in deciding upon every detail related to the house and its interior. What came out is a very well succeeded combination between a modern, minimalistic style, in combination with traditional materials, like old stones, beamed ceilings, cotto floors and retreived wood. The light airy feeling, created also by the high ceilings, white walls and spacious areas, makes this house a wonderful holiday villa for 10-12 guests (5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms).
The view towards Cortona is unique! The town is present as a postcard visible from every direction. The garden, approximately 5.000 sqm, has been kept as simple as possible with mainly grass lawns to let the house be part of the natural surroundings. There is enough shade around the house during hot days. The heated pool, again with Cortona view, is positioned just in front of the house.
The house is perfectly positioned in a very well known area in the South of Tuscany on the border with Umbria. Cortona is the ideal Italian town with a lot of activities all year round and good shopping and dining and wining. The whole area is well known for their wines, with many vineyards where they do tastings. Towns like Montepulciano, Arezzo, Siena, Perugia and Assisi are nearby.
Villa Piana is under exclusive Property Management by Special Umbria.
- Why this is Special
- The minimalistic design in a restored farmhouse positioned in the middle of the beautiful area of Cortona in the heart of Central Italy makes this the perfect holiday destination.
- What our clients say
May 2016: All of us had a wonderful time in Villa Piana. The house, the design, the furniture, the garden and the pool are great. Betty is very lovely and was a big help for us. We enjoyed our holidays at this wonderful house in Tuscany. We will come back. Nothing to change, everything is good. Thank you for all.
Best regards, Anja, Heinz Peter, Hanna, Gisela, Simone, Paul, Max, Leo, Jakob and our dog Blomma
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: Low Season EUR 1.500 (2-4 guests); 1.900 (5-6 guests); EUR 2.500 (7-10 guests). Mid Season EUR 3.500; High Season EUR 3.900.
Low Season: 29 September 2018 - 15 December 2018 & 3 March 2018 - 26 May 2018 & 30 September 2017 - 16 December 2017
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June 2018 & 8 September 2018 - 29 September 2018
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Security deposit: EUR 500 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Cleaning in low season: EUR 100 (2-4 guests), EUR 150 (5-6 guests), EUR 200 (7-10 guests) each week, including a mid week cleaning; Cleaning in mid season and high season: EUR 225
Extra bed (2 extra quality beds available): EUR 100 per week
Baby cot: EUR 50 per stay
Pool heating on request: EUR 100 each week. Pool heating included in low season price (Pool closed between 1st of November and 1st of April).
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival.
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM to 7 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days upon request.
- Save or share
- One suite on the ground floor with king size double bed and en-suite bathroom. In the old barn two stables have been transformed into 2 very spacious studio like sleeping areas, both with a king size double bed, divided by a barn style sliding door. The bathroom of these 2 bedrooms is positioned in one of the rooms, which means that the guests sleeping here would be ideally related (parents and children). On the first floor is one bedroom with king size double bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub. On this floor is also the fifth bedroom with 2 single beds and en-suite bathroom. 2 extra beds (good quality) are available against extra price.
- 4 bathrooms. The bathrooms are all modern with high quality fittings and have luxury showers with large shower heads. One bedroom has a free standing bathtub.
- Modern kitchen, with concrete worktop and old wooden doors. Large industrial stove (6 burners) with oven. The kitchen is the central part of the house, with a large wooden table, and gives access to the garden terrace, facing Cortona. In the barn, where the 2 bedrooms are, is also a living corner with kitchen and access to the garden.
- There are 2 living rooms with concrete base sofa, nice cushions and armchair. In the main living room is also the TV and HIFI set.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning will be done twice a week: intensive cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, Pool heating, all in good condition.
- The house is accessible for people with mobility problems, with 3 bedrooms on the ground floor.
- The house is centrally located on a large piece of flat, private land with free undisturbing views on the direct environment from every angle of the property. The land is fenced and the entrance of closed off with an iron gate. At the entrance is a large gravel parking area with enough space to park 3 cars. The garden with vast grass lawns gives a lot of privacy and enough room to play (for children). The heated swimming pool (10m x 5m and 120-150 cm deep) based on Saline (salt) is surrounded by a cotto terrace. Pool will be closed between the first of November and the first of April. A pergola next the pool guarantees extra shade. There is also an outside lounge area with sofa's.
- The property can be easily accessed via a well kept local road (300 meters) that run through flat land. There is WIFI internet in the whole house and near the pool.
The lake Trasimeno, the largest like in central Italy, is a 10 minutes drive. Here you will find all kind of water sport facilities, with the nearest beach in Badiaccia. In Castiglione del Lago on the lake side are also some bars for young adults to have fun in the evening.
Cortona is a very nice, high quality town with perfect shopping facilities, nice terraces and many good restaurants. Arezzo is also nearby, which is a wonderful province town, which high quality shops, the best restaurants and history. The perfect town fo a day trip. Every first weekend of the month a very large antique/flee market is organized in the center. Castiglione del Lago, at the Trasimeno lake, is a small, but lovely town, overlooking the lake.
- The nearest shops may be found in Ossaia (3 minutes car drive), Terontola and Camucia (each 5 minutes car drive). A larger offer is to be found in Cortona (9 km) and Castiglione del Lago (17 km).
- Lake Trasimeno (10 km) with its islands, boats, beaches, leisure activities and amazing views is very close by. A new golf course, 18 holes, is to be found at 10 kms distance from the property.
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (53 km), Ancona International Airport (165 km), Rome Fiumicino (232 km) and Ciampino (214 km) International Airports, Florence International Airport (125 km) as well as Pisa International Airport (190 km); nearest Motorway exit is Castiglione del Lago (10 km; N75/E45) for the connection with the A1 to Rome and Florence. Nearest railway station is Terontola (6 km) with direct connections to Rome, Florence, Arezzo, Perugia and other popular destinations.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (23 km), Castiglione del Lago (10 km), Arezzo (50 Km), Citta di Castello (40 km), Siena (68 km), Florence (110 km), Perugia (42 km), Gubbio (53 km), Todi (85 km), Orvieto (110 km), Spoleto (105 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (95 km), Deruta (60 km), Assisi (65 km) and of course Rome (200 km).