- Umbria, Amelia-Narni area
- Creative villa between Narni and Amelia in the South of Umbria, Terni, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view in Google Maps
For more pictures, click here.
Villa Villacolle set on hill top is located in the southern part of Umbria near Narni and Amelia, not too far away from Rome. The house is surounded by corn fields and rolling hills with magnificient views and enjoys total privacy.
Who enters this house will arrive in another world. It begins at the arrival standing at the gate. The house give a strong/heavy first impression, which changes at the moment you will open the front door. Here you enter immediately the world of the owner and his particular villa, which is the real combination between an Umbrian country house and a New York loft, with even Moroccan elements. Every room, every corner of the house is a surprise. All is done in with great care to make sure that this house will inspire and give relax to the guests that will be staying here.
The entrance framed by a beautiful stone doorway give acess to the ground floor that hosts the living area and 2 bedrooms with ensuite bathroom. The entrance hall leads to the cosy lounge and to the dining area attached to the very well equipped industrial kitchen with for instance an American fridge. The kitchen window overlook the outdoor patio. Opposite is a spacious loft like multipurpose area which also opens to the laundry and storage rooms.
An internal staircase made in 'Narni' Iron and wood gives access to the first floor hosting a lare living room with an antique fireplace, wide screen tv and hifi suround set.
From here one will reach the other 2 bedrooms and 1 studio with lounge to relax. One of the bedrooms is a very spacious minimalistic sleeping area with amazing build-in bath in the middle of the bedroom. The attached bathroom has a bath tub and a morroccan steam shower.
The house is surrounded by 3.6 hectares of land including a natural lawn around the house. The owner is keeping the garden as natural as possible, which means one will feel part of the surroundings staying here.
There is a nice pool, 12 x 4m, with whirpool and 2 roman entries where it's ideal having your drink in the late afternoon of evening.
- Why this is Special
- Absolutely unique house where one will enter in another world, created by the owner of this house, who is a well known international photographer. Staying here means that you need to be prepared to discover something new and different. This is absolutely not the tradtitional Umbrian holiday house.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.150; Low Season EUR 2.750.
High Season: June - mid September
Low Season: Mid September - end of May
Security deposit: EUR 1000 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Weekly cleaning: EUR 150
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Depending on the length of the booking the owner is quite flexible regarding arrival and departure days. Arrivals as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM.
- Save or share
- 4 bedrooms with bathroom.
- 4 en suite bathrooms of which 3 are made in Morroccan plaster.
- Very spacious 'loft' like kitchen with all imaginable equipment. Hob from Smeg and large American fridge. The dining area is attached to the kitchen. The table is hand made in iron (1 piece)with modern white chairs around it.
- One living area on the ground floor, with day bed (ideal for kids playing around). On the first floor is the living room with antique fireplace and wide screen projection TV. There is also a small lounge/library on the first floor with sofa.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning once a week. More often upon request. Towels and bed linen are included.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Don't expect an English garden! Here one is part of the natural environment. The house looks in a way a bit abandoned on the outside, which has a great effect with regards to the colorful inside of the house. There is a nice rectangular pool (12 x 4) with 2 roman steps and a large portico attached to the kitchen, overgrown with green, which gives shadow and ensures long evening diners outside.
The direct environment consists of Southern Umbrian hill sides which is ideal for long walks, hiking and mountain biking. One may want to visit the famous waterfalls of Marmore (28 km).
- The provincial capital of Terni has all major shopping facilities and is at only 20 km distance.
Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details:
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- The international airports of Rome (Fiumicino and Ciampino) and its city center itself are each at approximately 100 kilomters distance. Narni has car rental facilities
- The historical towns of Narni and Amelia are only 8 kilometers away where Terni is approximately 20 kms. Also, other interesting Umbrian towns in the area are Orvieto (60 km) and Todi (45 km).