- Umbria, Perugia-Todi area
- Beautifully positioned family villa in the rolling hills near Collazzone, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here for this property's location in Google Maps
For more pictures, click here.
Villa Colorino is a wonderful real family villa, restored and in perfect condition. A winding laneway framed by tall cypress trees leads to this magnificent place, a meticulously restored estate hosting 6 + 2 guests. Inside, you will find important stone fireplaces, terra cotta floors, handcrafted majolica tables and luxurious amenities throughout. Set on 70 acres of scenic Umbrian countryside, you can enjoy walks in the surrounding nature reserve, home to a variety of wildlife, including porcupines, pheasants, nightingales and wild boar and you will be surrounded by the vineyards of the estate. Wake in the morning to pick fresh figs, cherries, apricots, peaches and pomegranates to accompany your breakfast. At lunch, drizzle the estates freshly pressed extra virgin olive oil, from its grove of 250 olive trees, over fresh focaccia from a nearby town. Relax in the warm waters of the infinity pool with spectacular views of the walled village of Piedicolle and drink a good quality glass of wine from the estate. This is part of Villa Colorino, the secret heart of Italy.
For larger groups (max. 16 guests) Villa Colorino can be rented together with the wonderful La Fattoria, which is part of the same estate.
- Why this is Special
- The owners gave so much attention to this villa, which is and feels as a real HOME, and which is the perfect place to stay in Umbria.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 6.200, Low Season EUR 5.850.
High Season: June, July and Augustus
Low Season: all other months
Security deposit: EUR 1.200 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
No pets allowed and no smoning inside the property.
Airconditioning and heating are additional costs
Children welcome as of 4 years of age
Eventual use of Air Conditioning and telephone is at extra charge which will be deducted from the deposit at the end of your stay.
3 maid visits a week (daily maid service upon request for an additional charge).
Fruit, bread, water, milk, juice and other essentials upon arrival.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 42 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- The Villa accommodates up to 6 + 2 guests: 4 in the villa, 2+2 in the attached annex. There are 3 queen-sized beds and 1 double pull-out bed. Children over 4 years of age are welcome.
- Master suite with custom-made wrought iron queen-plus bed, bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi and French doors opening onto large second floor balcony. Second bedroom with custom-made wrought iron queen-plus bed and private bath. The other bedroom with bathroom is in the attached annex, part of the villa. Here is also a seperate area near to the sitting room of the annex where the pull-out bed is positioned and an extra en-suite bathroom
- Full modern kitchen, completely renewed in 2014, with all modern appliances: large refrigerator, professional oven, 6 cook top stove and griddle, dishwasher and microwave.
- Cozy very spacious living area with large fireplace and tasteful furniture. Second Living room on the first floor with a stone fireplace and a large TV and also and a sitting room with computer/WiFi.
- Other rooms
- Dining area inside with large table and ten chairs.
Stone loggia attached to the house with long white linen curtains for the perfect summer feeling, facing the pool, with table and chairs for relaxing and dining al fresco. Amazing area!
Guest bathroom on ground floor and Laundry with extra-large washer and dryer.
- Weekly linen change; 3 maid visits a week; extra cleaning service available upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Telephone, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- This property is suitable for people with less mobility.
- - Infinity swimming pool (50’ x 25’/15 m x 7 m) built around cypress trees and lavender beds
- Pool area: night lighting, shower, chaises, tables
- Traditional outdoor wood-burning pizza/bread oven
- Weber barbeque
- Oversized wooden children's play gym
- Cook’s herb garden with rosemary, sage, oregano
- Mushrooms and wild asparagus to pick and enjoy throughout the property (during season)
- Surrounded by olive groves, grazing sheep and stands of chestnut trees and Roman pines
- Colorful gardens and select plantings
- Cobblestoned walkways and stone arches
- The caretaker, maids and vineyard manager are present and working in the vineyard, gardens and olive grove. They are always around and happy to help with questions, recommendations or a visit to the wine cantina.
Set on 70 acres of scenic Umbrian countryside, you can enjoy walks in the surrounding nature reserve, home to a variety of wildlife, including porcupines, pheasants, nightingales and wild boar and you will be surrounded by the vineyards of the estate. Wake in the morning to pick fresh figs, cherries, apricots, peaches and pomegranates to accompany your breakfast.
- The nearest supermarket is the Conad at Pian di porto, where you will also find the Montecristo Dairies (not to be missed) and a bar/tabacconist. The EMI megastore supermarkes is at Ponte Rio(slightly further towards Todi), which is where you will also find various shops including a newsagent and a pharmacy.
Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details:
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (34 km), Rome Fiumicino (180 km) and Ciampino (160 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (180 km); nearest E45 Motorway exit is at Collepepe (7 km) southbound for railway stations in Todi further to Rome and northbound to trainstations in Perugia further to Florence. Both airports and train stations have excellent car rental services.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (96 km), Castiglione del Lago (75 km), Cortona (77 km), Siena (137 km), Florence (180 km), Perugia (33 km), Gubbio (68 km), Todi (18 km), Orvieto (52 km), Spoleto (40 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (27 km), Deruta (13 km), Assisi (45 km) and of course Rome (160 km).